It took a year to create — the world’s first all-diamond ring. That’s all-diamond as in carved from a single large diamond. No precious metal band or setting. No surrounding sparklers. Just one big carved diamond.
The 150-carat ring was created by Mohamed Shawish, president and CEO of Switzerland’s Shawish Jewelry, using lasers and more traditional cutting and polishing techniques. It’s been copyrighted and is expected to sell for approximately $70 million. My guess is it sold as soon as it was announced. Probably to some rich Arab oil tycoon. A nice trinket for the lady in his life.
So, I wonder what size it is? I can wear a 4, 6, or 8. And I could always have my finger sized …
- All Diamond Everything (myp3r.wordpress.com)
- All-Diamond Ring Expected To Sell For $70 Million [Video] (inquisitr.com)
- This Ring Is Carved Straight Out Of A Diamond – 150 Carats’ Worth (ohgizmo.com)
- Swiss Jeweler Shawish designs World’s First 150-Carat Single Faceted Diamond Ring (bornrich.com)
- LOOK: World’s First Diamond Ring (huffingtonpost.com)