“The Big Howl” is a last ditch effort to keep the gray wolves of the Northern Rockies from losing their endangered species designation.
For most of them, that protection ends May 4, thanks to Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, who decided to uphold President Bush’s ruling. I’ve written about all this before.
Time is running out. You can take part in The Big Howl by clicking here and telling Sec. Salazar you are opposed to his decision. Do it now, while you’re thinking about it.
The hunters are waiting.
More about wolves on Pied Type:
- 11.1.09 Yellowstone’s Cottonwood pack is gone
- 4.5.09 Attention, wolf lovers
- 3.18.09 Salazar removes protection for gray wolves
- 2.25.09 Yellowstone wolf tracked to Colorado
- 1.23.09 Wolves still howling out west
- 12.5.08 I feel so much safer now
- 11.11.08 Bush going after wolves … again
- 9.19.08 Reintroduced gray wolves keep protected status
- 7.21.08 Judge ensures a safer autumn for gray wolves