Finally, a Washington rally I want to attend — Jon Stewart’s Rally to Restore Sanity on October 30, 2010. Stephen Colbert, of course, is holding a competing March to Keep Fear Alive.
Details are just emerging, but it appears to be for real. As Stewart explained it, some 80% of the American people are not out marching and screaming in Washington because they’re too busy “doing sh*t.” He doesn’t think the 15-20% that do all the screaming should be getting all the attention and setting the agenda for the other 80% of the country.
Watch the Rally to Restore Sanity website for information. And as soon as I can snag the video of the announcement, I’ll get it up. This could be, should be, and needs to be something HUGE.
If I can swing the financial part, I’d love to attend this event. That is, if I don’t have some sh*t to do then.
Update: Here’s the video of the announcement: