Ohio Senator Nina Turner is absolutely right. It’s only fair that legislation across the country pay as much attention to men’s reproductive health as women’s. Certainly the focus has appeared to be tipping too far toward women’s health in the last few years. It is critical we maintain a balanced approach and pay equal attention to men’s health. They are, after all, a minority (153.2 million) of the U.S. population; we must make sure they are treated as fairly as the majority female population (157.2 million). It is encouraging to see that female legislators across the country are cognizant of this and are standing up for equal rights for men.
I was also interested to see how legislation is proposed and written in my old home state, Oklahoma. You may recall that the Oklahoma legislature is currently working on a personhood bill. A proposed amendment to that bill was submitted by Sen. Constance Johnson on a handwritten form. How quaint. How 19th Century of them to still be using handwritten forms in this, the 21st Century. And yet, how appropriate for a bill that seeks a return to earlier times.
- Women legislators turn the tables and introduce bills regulating men’s reproductive health (progressiveword.com)
- About my ‘spilled semen’ amendment to Oklahoma’s Personhood bill | Constance Johnson (guardian.co.uk)
- The Revenge War on Viagra (thedailybeast.com)
- Open Thread: Regulating Men’s Reproductive Health Choices (skydancingblog.com)
- World’s Dumbest Viagra Law? Ohio Democrat Wants Notarized Letter, Required Counseling (inquisitr.com)
- Ohio Bill To Require Affadavits of Impotence (feministphilosophers.wordpress.com)
3 thoughts on “Women legislators turn attention to men’s health”
Glad you posted this – saw a bit of news on it recently…what’s good for the goose is good for the gander? (PS Sergeant Rex is feature of Marine TImes and the Senator is asking for help on his website…..re tape…seriously? We put a man on the moon…)
I love it! Make it a crime for a man to jack off as the waste of semen is a crime against an unborn child. I hope these fools are really starting to see what asses they really are.
Not holding my breath.