Skip to content

I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas (video)

A beautiful Currier & Ives Christmas has been forecast for Denver this year. It’s probably going to be a white Christmas, defined as at least an inch of snow on the ground. Surprisingly, by that definition, only about 30% of Denver’s past Christmases have been white. But opinion polls indicate that for most people, a true “White Christmas” is one where snow is actually falling on December 25. And that has happened only 13% of the time. This year the meteorologists are saying there’s a 70% chance of snow on Christmas Eve and a 30% chance on Christmas Day. Mmmm. Fingers crossed.


    • I’m the president and CEO of “S&D,” so you’re in good company here.

      There are some wonderful clips on YouTube of him singing this in “Holiday Inn,” but embedding has been blocked.

  1. I truly hope you get some snow. Please; if you get extra send it to Alabama.Snow is one of the things I really miss about Oregon. Oh well.Anyhoo Merry Holidays to you and yours…

    • I can’t imagine a much bigger change than going from Oregon to Alabama. In this year of freaky weather, maybe some of our snow will get redirected down your way. Best wishes to you and yours for a Happy (if not white) Holiday.

  2. And here in southwest Michigan, land of “lake effect” snow, we don’t even have enough to cover the grass–and not much in the immediate forecast. Maybe listening to Der Bingle has raised our chances.

  3. Just a postscript: We got a couple of inches of snow late on Christmas Eve. Enough to look great but not pose driving problems. The sun was shining Christmas morning, but the scene was set.

Now that I've had my say ...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: