I’ve been tagged. Lumpy tagged me with her Fluff Five Meme. Having never been tagged before, and still trying to understand exactly what a meme is, I decided to participate just this once. (I’ve always hated being called a poor sport.)
5 Things Found in Your Bag:
- Jury summons from yesterday’s appearance (In the words of the judge, the defendent had “fled the courthouse and could not be found,” so he let us all go. Whew!)
- Bottle containing aspirin, Sudafed, and some white pills I can no longer identify
- Paint chips in case I stumble across a sale (court security took my tape measure)
- Plackers (so much handier than floss!)
- Artificial tears (for those times I’m not shedding enough of my own. Need a crier? Call me!)
These goodies, along with all the usual stuff like a bulging wallet that hasn’t zipped since the day I got it, wads of shredded tissue, keys, three pounds of loose change, sunglasses, etc., all dumped unceremoneously into a big black leather hobo bag. Not a fashion statement, but it works for me. I switch to tan, or straw, for summer.
5 Favorite Things in Your Room:
My little house is so small, it counts as “my room.” I have some favorite things I still haven’t come across since I moved in here, but I haven’t completely unpacked some of my boxes. Hope some of my treasures are in there somewhere.
- Amazon Cat (no box is too small for a determined cat)
- Santa Fe Woman (original lithograph by deceased OKC artist Donna Berryhill). I love the serenity of this picture and the faraway look in her eyes.
- Souvenir picture of the balloon “Morning Glory” that I flew in back when I was a lot braver and a lot more foolish. It was an incredible experience, once I got up the nerve to look over the side.
- My dad’s medical school ring. He wore it on the third finger of his left hand and rarely took it off. His original ring, worn smooth over many years, was stolen during a burglary, and this was actually his second one. (Interesting … I can see details in this picture that I couldn’t make out before. Enough to see that it’s upside down in this picture.)
- Trail patch my son presented to me after I climbed Longs Peak (14,255 ft) in 1979. (The night before, he gave me a palm-sized rock on which he had written “Keep on going strong.” It’s still packed away somewhere, I hope. If it doesn’t turn up, I’ll be heartbroken. I’m almost afraid to tackle those last few boxes now, for fear I won’t find it.) Climbing Longs, the highest peak in Rocky Mountain National Park, had been a dream of mine for about 20 years.
5 Things You Are Currently Into:
- MMORPGs (massively multiplayer online role-playing games)
5 Things You Have Always Wanted to Do:
- Raft the Grand Canyon (minus the overnight camping)
- Safari in Africa (minus the heat and crawly things)
- Own a place in the mountains
- Become a well-known writer
- Be rich, thin, and athletic! (or does that count as 3 things?)
5 People You Want to Tag:
I’m changing this slightly from people I can actually tag to those whose responses I’d be interested in seeing.
- Maya Anjelou
- Dalai Lama
- Oprah Winfrey
- My brothers and sisters (oops, that’s 4 right there)
- My grandkids thirty years from now (my bad. That’s 2, so far. Guess I’m way over the limit, huh?)
Sorry to have wimped out on the “chain letter” aspect of this tagging thing, but I don’t actually know 5 people with blogs I can tag. Anyone wanting to perpetuate this meme, go for it.