GOP supports (their own) gun-free zones
A number of Republicans, while denouncing gun-free zones for others, enforce a few for themselves. An article on Alternet notes five places that Republicans, for their own personal safety, maintain and enjoy the protection of gun-free zones:
1. The White House. Oddly enough, while condemning gun-free zones as open invitations to shooters, Trump isn’t inviting guns into the White House. The wiser Secret Service still has its guns, but visitors aren’t allowed to carry guns. Don’t know why, when all those visiting good guys with guns could help stop any bad guys with guns.
2. The Republican National Convention. If good guys with guns make everybody safer, why on earth wouldn’t the GOP want hoards of gun-toting delegates to fill their convention hall? It would make everyone so much safer.
3. Mar-a-Lago. This one really takes the cake. The president himself, despite all his talk about the danger posed by gun-free zones, has made his own Mar-a-Lago resort a gun-free, knife-free, laser-free, pepper-spray-free, etc-free zone. Guess he’s not willing to practice what he preaches. No surprise there.
4. The US Capitol Building. The Alternet article asks: “… what kind of heartless, cruel and immoral people consistently vote against gun control for most Americans’ work lives, but cynically keep guns far away from their own place of business?”
5. Republican Town Halls. Many of them prohibit guns. What? Republican legislators afraid of being shot by all those good guys with guns? Since angry constituents might be bad guys with guns, fearful legislators ban guns at their own town hall meetings. And here in Colorado, some of those legislators take it a step further. They don’t attend their own meetings.
What a bunch of hypocrites.