Attention, WWII buffs (video)
Found: A fascinating bit of trivia from World War II — the skeleton of a carrier pigeon with its message capsule and message intact. The 70-year-old message has been turned over to authorities for decoding and we can only wonder what it might say. “Send beef wellington for ten”? “Nazis to bomb 10 Downing at 06:00”? “Next week’s menu for Company C”? “Hitler rumored to be dead”? “Christmas list for Pvt. Ryan”?
- Dead WWII Carrier Pigeon With Secret Message Discovered (boiseweekly.com)
- VIDEO: WWII carrier pigeon message found (bbc.co.uk)
- Carrier pigeon’s skeleton sparks WWII code mystery (abc.net.au)
- WWII Carrier Pigeon Delivers Message (abcnews.go.com)
- Man Finds a WWII Secret in Chimney (huffingtonpost.com)