Oh, Joe, you didn’t. You didn’t really say that, did you? You didn’t really tell that Virginia audience that Republicans have pledged to “unchain” Wall Street and “put y’all back in chains,” did you?
Apparently you did. It’s right there in the video. I know you’ve always had a bad case of foot in mouth, but this is the worst. This was taking leave of your senses. I know exactly what you meant. But I also heard exactly what you said and how you said it.
I’m sorry President Obama hasn’t disavowed you for this, but there’s still time. He could still name another running mate. I hope he’s considering it; I’d like to see Hillary Clinton on the ticket. He won’t do that, of course. This race to too tight to risk rocking the boat. But you, Mr. Biden, you have become a liability. That’s too bad; the president is going to need a strong running mate this fall. I don’t know how you’re going to be that if you’ve been told to sit down, shut up, and zip it.
- Joe Biden Threatens Republicans Will Put You in Chains (theatlanticwire.com)
- Biden: ‘[Republicans Are] Going To Put Y’all Back In Chains’ (mediaite.com)
- Joe Biden’s Unchained Melody Meets GOP Ire (abcnews.go.com)
- Biden tells audience banks would put them ‘back in chains’ (firstread.nbcnews.com)
- Joe Biden clarifies “in chains” remark (cbsnews.com)